Story to Sound. Workshop to accompany Wet Sounds
Sound Collage and Abstraction in Music.
Geo-locative sound walks. AR Audio in public spaces.
Location Sound Recording for the Screen.
Basics of Sound Post Production for Screen.
Ages: 12 and up (No music or creative experience necessary)
Duration: Half a day
A creative workshops that develops the group's made up story into a sound piece.
- Develops sound for narratives
- Creates a fun and imaginative working environment that leads to creative outcomes.
- Teaches and practices sound recording skills using hand held recorders.
- Group music making: Improvisation, building confidence in vocalising and playing an instrument with no previous experience.
- Storytelling: Encouraging free flow imagination and expression of narrative.
- Enhances listening and teaches differentiation of sound sources
The recordings made in the workshop are mixed
and played back underwater at Wet Sounds
Video documentation of the workshop (in French) here
Story to Sound
usually accompanies a Wet Sounds event
Audio works made from workshops
(click titles to listen)